Sanusi Makes U-Turn; Now Calls for Sack of 50% Political Appointees.Do You Agree ?

The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has lashed out on those calling for his sack over his purported statement that the federal government should reduce the work force in the country by 50%. He said he was not talking about the sack of civil servants but a substantial reduction in the size of political appointees who, according to him, take 70 percent of government revenue leaving a mere 30 percent for about 160 million Nigerians.

Speaking to Chukwuma Onuekwusi of Channels TV in London at the end of the 13th session of the Honorary International Investors council meeting, Mallam Sanusi said those calling for his sack “are shying away from the reality of the time”. Insisting that about 50% of political appointees in Nigeria must be sacked, Sanusi said “what Nigeria is practicing is an American system of government that is very expensive,” adding that we can't afford it.