Woman waits almost eleven years before seeking explanation about strange face

Mother, Ashley Janssen recently sent the Carnoustie Guide & Gazette this picture of a ghostly face snapped at her living room window in January 2002. She is hoping that someone might be able to provide an explanation for the picture, which was taken in their former home in Buddon Drive.

Ashley said: “It was taken in the first week of January. My son was just home from the hospital and was only about a week old. It was very dark outside and my living room window was very low with a long garden to the front and a flower bed under the window. The face appears in the window behind my son.



“I had no lamps on and my television is off, which you can see in the picture. The image does not appear on the negative, only on this photo.” Not knowing how to explain the picture or what to do with it, Ashley held onto it until this week. She said: “I didn’t really know what to do with it so have just kept the picture safe.

“I don’t think it’s scary, but I do feel that for the face to appear at the place it has, and in such a different light from the rest of the picture, it’s definitely something!” Ashley has visited a spiritualist regarding the picture but would be interested to hear from anyone who can provide an explanation.